Hardwood floors are one of the most stunning flooring options homeowners can invest in. In fact, imitation alternatives such as luxury vinyl and laminate are also launching in the market. But there is absolutely no competition when it comes to the functionality and aesthetics of hardwood floors.
Therefore, if you have just stepped into the market to purchase one, you may need to consider various factors before making the leap. Here are some factors you must look out for:
Before going any further, decide how much you are willing to spend and focus on the per-square-foot price. Look up the cost of hardwood floor installation as it is the primary cost you’ll incur. Additionally, consider the following:
- » Cost of flooring a new floor versus an existing floor (removal and disposal of your current flooring may also cost some amount)
- » Whether there is any furniture that needs to be moved around
- » Correction of high and low spots in older homes
Types of Hardwood Floors
Think about daily wear and tear and your hardwood floor’s ability to endure it. The hardness and density of different wood species is a crucial factor to consider. If there are kids and pets in your house, you should look into wire-brushed or hand-scraped hardwood as it can conceal minor scratches better than standard hardwood floors with a smooth finish.
On the other hand, you should consider harder and denser options, such as a domestic white oak, if you wish for hardwood floors with a smooth finish. Moreover, your hardwood floor installation cost will also vary depending on the type of floor you purchase.
Color of Hardwood Floor
While this is a personal preference, it also affects how your surrounding area looks. Therefore, keep your existing décor and color scheme in mind before making your purchase. Generally, if the color of hardwood flooring is light, it can brighten up an area. If your home feaures more traditional architecture, darker colors work better.
- » It’s durable with great re-sale value
- » It gives your space a luxurious appearance
- » Hardwood floors can be restored to their original appearance even after many years
- » While it gives your floor a luxurious look, it also costs a lot more than other flooring options
- » It requires maintenance after every few years
Even though all the factors mentioned above are important to consider, having a professional service to get your work done is equally important. When it comes to hardwood floor installation, no one does it better than Premier Hardwoods.
Their qualified flooring installers can give your floors the treatment they have long-awaited. Moreover, their excellent customer service is one of the many factors contributing to their strong presence. Along with floor installation, Premier Hardwoods also specializes in finishing and sanding services.